Monday 9 September 2013

{Day 9/365} Apple-fig tarts

This weekend I bought a fig (yes, just one) at the local market. I bought only one because I never had figs and I wanted to know what it tastes like. To no one's surprise, I decided to bake and use that one fig. I did my research well and I found that the taste of figs combines well with, apples, honey, almonds and vanilla, for example. So there's my exact list of ingredients for the filling of the tarts I made. The recipe can be found below.


For six tarts you will need: 

Crust
- 180 grams flour
- 45 grams sugar
- 90 grams cold (vegetable) butter
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- pinch of salt

Filling 
- 3 figs
- 2 apples
- 45 grams of almonds
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4 tbsp honey

1. Preheat oven (175 degrees Celcius)
2. Mix flour, butter, sugar, two thirds of the beaten egg and a pinch of salt and knead with hands until an even dough forms. Wrap in plastic and let it rest for 30 minutes in the fridge. 
3. Roast almonds in preheated oven for about 5 minutes. Take out and let them cool down. Now, preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius. 
4. Mix apples (diced), seeds of vanilla pod, chopped almonds (chopped) and 3 tbsp of honey.
5. After a 30 minute rest, take out crust dough. Fill the 6 tins with crust dough. 
6. Spread the apple mixture evenly over the dough. 
7. Arrange two quarters of a fig on each tart and drizzle a little honey over each tart.
8. Bake for about 30 minutes on 200 degrees Celcius.

No comments:

Post a Comment