Today I have a recipe to share. If I see this picture, I wouldn't think of raw or vegan food, but it is. And it is way too delicious to not share the recipe (which comes from The Rawtarian) with you, so here it is:
For four tarts you will need:
- 100 grams of pecan nuts
- 150 grams of pitted fresh dates
- 4 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
1. Place pecan nuts alone in your food processor and process until the pecans become small and crumbly.
2. Add dates to the shredded pecans and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the mixture and process again until the mixture turns a lovely dark chocolatey brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery (there should still be air between the small bits so that you will be able to press them down into your brownie pan).
4. Dump the mixture into a brownie dish or small cake pan (or tins similar to the ones I used) and press down firmly using your clean hands.
5. Refrigerate the raw brownies for a couple of hours. You do not have to refrigerate it, but it is much easier to slice when chilled.
6. Store the brownies in the refrigerator if it lasts that long!